Sunday, June 27, 2010

Going green with Mixed Media


Bleeding Heart

Mixed Media is one of the greenest of art forms being practiced today. I was clueless about it until just a few years ago when trolling Ebay and coming across the whole assemblage category. I was instantly affected by the endless possibilities it allowed. I jumped right in with both feet and it has inspired me to create some of my more unique work.

Whenever I feel the need to just “do” art, without premeditation or direction, I pull out a mess of random items and supplies and just play. Mixed media has a playfulness to it that other mediums do not have and I love the randomness of it and the adventure on the journey to a finished piece.

Truth be told, with my home decorating projects and keeping my Etsy shops going, I have not had a lot of time to “play” in the mixed media pool.

Do I Look Fat in This?
 But every now and then, an idea comes to mind that I just can't shake off until it is made tangible.
       
‘til next time,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a little love!