Sunday, August 29, 2010

Playing with color!

I have been experimenting with colored pencil these past few weeks. I have never taken it serious as a viable art medium before, but I have recently come across some fabulous color pencil artists creating art to take the breath away, so I thought I would give it a go.



I found myself sketching some fun, girly, character portraits and just went with it. Sometimes simple lines are what your muse wants to play with, so why fight it? It was like coloring with crayons. Fun!

Smiles,
Diane

3 comments:

  1. Just because it is fun does not mean the work should not be taken seriously. These are beautiful. I particularly like the black hair that follows the necklace to completely frame the face.
    I am strictly a Mac person so have never experienced a virus, I wish you luck on retrieving your work from your old hard drives. I know how you feel.
    You have actually inspired me to dig out my colored pencils.
    X David
    BTW, great 1987 photo! I swear to god we have met.I never forget a face or a white boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these--you make me want to get out my pencils again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoro los rostros,son parte de mi obra.

    Muy bueno. Desde Argentina, Liliana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a little love!