Sunday, March 13, 2011

What do you look for in a handbag?

As I continue to build my Etsy business of hand painted accessories, I am always on the lookout for new handbags to up-cycle. I often wonder if I am on the right track when making my selections and then I thought, what do women want in a handbag? What matters most to them and what makes the difference between making a purchase or not?

So I decided to ask my friends here in blogland...


"Ladies, what do you look for in a handbag?"


what size?
shape?
material?
features?
brand?


I just listed my latest up-cycled Coach handbag in my Etsy shop. This is one of the larger bags I've done rather than the usual wristlet or demi-purse. It has five different portraits of my signature ladies on all sides.




Now, I have quite a few new bags to paint and I'm not sure yet what I will be painting on them just yet, but I think I am going to try something a little different.

So, what do you look for when purchasing a handbag?

7 comments:

  1. Diane you are incredibly talented! Thanks for letting me take a peek at your beautiful work. Now, your question? In a handbag I want it to be big, but fairly lightweight. Lots of pockets inside. Easy to clean is a perk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to clean! Now that is something we don't normally think about because we are usually fixated on style. Thanks for that tip, Tina!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stopping by from Brave Girls Club. Your purses are true works of art!! So creative. I never would have thought to do that!!!

    I am now a follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your handbags. I look for lightweight and original. Yours definitely fit what I would look for. Now I am heading over to your Etsy shop! Diane, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something big, lightweight with a truly beautiful unique artwork to enjoy all the time. You're a very talented artist..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm short, where it hits me on the hip is huge. If I can't reach in and touch the bottom to find keys, etc. with it on my shoulder I won't buy it. I tend to not buy clutches or anything I have to hold, I need my hands to grab my kid that runs off! I am also a pack mule, so easy to reach pockets and big size that is lightweight is thought of. Now days, I have to be able to put my cell in a spot where I can get to it before it stops ringing! I am always missing calls b/c of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding original bags with art work on them, so I was happy to see yours. Very well done!
    I like a medium sized bag. The one pictured is a great size for me. Otherwise I must always have a zipper closure, pockets including some with zippers on the inside and an adjustable strap is always a huge plus!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a little love!