Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Cartooned Myself! Tutorial



I had some fun today converting my usual
avatar of myself to a cartoon version.


What do you think?


It was really simple, actually. 

I brought my current avatar into Illustrator.


I set the pen tool to a magenta outline
with a transparent interior
to be able to see the outline easily.

I traced all the contours of my head and features.



Then made adjustments where necessary,
using the direct selection tool.

When I had it pretty much how I wanted it,
I went to simplify path and set it in the 90's range
and simplified the outlines just enough so that
they became smooth and cartoonish, but still
resembled my original image.

I then created an eps, which I colorized in
Photoshop with the bucket tool.

Fun stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a little love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...