Saturday, September 1, 2012

Illustrator Kinuko Y. Craft




I love illustration, particularly children’s book illustration.

They appeal to me in such a basic way, the bright colors and the dream-like quality of the images. 

And who can resist a fairy tale that revolves around a prince and a princess, not to mention the inevitable villain?

Many children’s book illustrators are extremely accomplished artists in their own right. With an obvious love for the subject matter, their artwork rivals that of any classic contemporary artist working today.


One of my very favorite contemporary children’s book illustrator is KY Craft. Her attention to detail and the romantic color palette is inspiring to me.

She calls herself an “Imaginary Realist” Love that!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a little love!