Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Miniature Shabby Chic

My most recent miniature project is now complete and listed in my Etsy Shop:
 a set of 1/12 scale miniature furniture that I have refinished in the shabby chic style



I sanded off the original cherry wood finish, primed each 
piece with artist gesso, including the scarlet red fabric
of the sofa and matching chair. Next I painted all
the furnishings with a warm, pale yellow acrylic. 


All the drawers and shelves were then lined in
decorative papers.


Finally I accented the details of the furnishings with
blue and pale rose acrylics. Before rubbing the painted
areas with a wash of brown antiquing gel, I sanded and
nicked random areas to achieve the shabby chic look.


The desk was dressed with ladies desk accessories, including
a pink "glass" ink well, lacy ink blotter, quill pen and even a cup of tea.
The drawers open to reveal letters, cards and other ephemera.


The linen cupboard is edged in lace and dressed
with coordinating sheets and linens.


This set that began as a traditional red fabric victorian sofa & chair 
was refinished with hand-painted roses and decorative scrolls.



3 comments:

  1. Outstanding work! I especially love the divan and chair. What you have done to them is so original! I have never seen that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucille! I love taking something I already have and refinishing it. This project was alot of fun.

      Smiles,
      Diane

      Delete
  2. Everything here is so frickin' cute!! Love it. I am now a follower.
    Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a little love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...